Internet Access Terms and Conditions
Your account creation and access to all systems owned by Lynchburg.Net are subject to the conditions outlined below and may change from time to time without notice. Failure to comply with any of the below terms and conditions may warrant termination of your account.
- Lynchburg.Net provides uncensored, unmetered usage of the Internet.
Users must not abuse the "unmetered" aspect of our service. "Unmetered
Usage" means that you will not be charged any hourly fees. Your computer may remain
connected to the Internet via Lynchburg.Net's dial-up modems as long as its keyboard
and/or mouse are operated at all times by a human operator. Unlimited usage does
not mean you may leave your computer continuously connected to the Internet. You
will be temporarily disconnected after 15 minutes of inactivity.
- You may not configure your computer so as to permit any other computer to access your computer while your computer is connected to Lynchburg.Net. This includes use of any proxy type program that allows multiple computers to access the internet through one modem and phone line. If this is your intent, you will need to sign up for one of our dedicated connection service.
- You may not resell or transfer your access to others.
- Customer will provide accurate, up-to-date registration and billing information.
Any attempt to use information that is not accurate or belonging to someone else will
constitute termination of your account.
- Lynchburg.Net provides a way to get onto the Internet. It is understood that the Internet is not owned by Lynchburg.Net but, consists of a collection of networks that are owned by various governments, organizations, and individuals. Lynchburg.Net does not guarantee twenty-four hour, seven day a week access to our or any of the other networks. Lynchburg.Net will make every attempt to provide this to their own system, but cannot guarantee it fully.
- You understand that your account must not be used for illegal activities that are subject to local, state, federal, or international laws.
- Your account must not be used for unsolicited or bulk e-mailing to other users accounts or newsgroup "spamming" (posting the same message in more than 20 newsgroups or to unrelated newsgroups). We do not have the time or resources to handle the complaints when
this occurs. If this does occur, your account will be terminated and you will be billed
$100 per hour for our time.
- Lynchburg.Net provides a gateway to the Internet, an e-mail account,
access to Usenet newsgroups, file-transfers and up-to two megabytes of storage space to
display a personal web page. E-mail accounts are limited to 21 megabytes of storage.
- Personal web space is for personal use only. Any displays of advertising or solicitation of services on a personal web site is prohibited. Lynchburg.Net prohibits pages that promote illegal activities or cause harm or injury to any group or individual. Lynchburg.Net prohibits the use of personal accounts that contain or link to pornographic or other such material that may be offensive to users. Those who wish to obtain space for commercial use must purchase web space for this purpose.
- Intentional and unauthorized access to Lynchburg.Net's computer
system and data residing on this computer system is a criminal act and is punishable by
law. Users may not use Lynchburg.Net's system in order to gain access to restricted
information stored on remote computer systems elsewhere on the Internet.
- The storage of any programs designed to monitor packets of any nature
is prohibited and if such software is deemed illegal, the person responsible will be
prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
- Lynchburg.Net may monitor or keep any records that are deemed
necessary of the Customer's use of the service.
- Any liability of Lynchburg.Net will be limited to re-supply of the
- Lynchburg.Net shall not be held liable for any damages arising out of
use of the service or inability to use the service.
- Lynchburg.Net is not responsible for any long distance phone charges incurred by the customer. The customer is responsible for ensuring the number they are dialing is a local number.
- If the customer fails to pay their account by the second day into
their billing cycle, the account will be automatically closed at 6:00pm on that day and a
$15 reconnection fee will apply. This clause does not apply to customers paying by credit
card unless we cannot obtain payment from the credit card.
- Payments for service are non-refundable.
- Any subscriber wishing to terminate service with Lynchburg.Net must
make a written cancellation request to Lynchburg.Net. This may be done
either by e-mail to billing@Lynchburg.Net or by
postal mail to our offices at PO Box 4249, Suite 201, Lynchburg, Va 24502. Please
include your full name, phone number, address, e-mail address and reason for cancellation.
We are sorry, but we cannot accept cancellation requests by telephone.
Cancellations must be at least 20 days prior to your NORMAL DUE DATE (billing cycle). If we have already billed for the next month's services, it auto-renewed and the you are responsible for the next month's services. We will check your
account and mail you a cancellation confirmation within a week. The confirmation will
detail the effective date of your cancellation and any balance that is due on your
account. Please remember that we must receive a written cancellation notice from you -
lack of use does not exempt you from being charged for Internet service.
Copyright 2013 Lynchburg.net. All rights Reserved
7109 Timberlake Rd. Suite 201 - Lynchburg, VA 24502
Phone: 434.239.4272 - Fax: 804.239.0744
Questions or Comments: support@Lynchburg.net